Department of Electrical Engineering Senior Record Check Policy
Students must meet all requirements for graduation established by both the University and the department. In order to initiate the graduation process, students must submit a "request for graduation," better known as a Senior Record Check. This serves two purposes; 1) It notifies the registrar's office that a student is preparing to graduate, and 2) It provides a formal method for a student to document his/her academic history at AAMU, and is official documentation of a student's remaining requirements for graduation.
The Senior Record Check should be initiated at least one calendar year before the anticipated graduation date to allow ample time for the lengthy checkout process. There are two required forms for the Senior Record Check. (Access to these forms requires a username and password to the EE lab computer domain.)
Forms to be submitted:
A graduation checklist tailored to the three individual programs of study can be downloaded below. These are formatted Excel spreadsheets that require a number of inputs by the student, specifically those items marked in RED type, and the "Hours Earned" and "Grade" columns as appropriate to your completed courses. Students should fill out only those courses that have been completed. They should have a copy of their transcript available when working on this form.
- A generic Graduation Application Form that documents current contact information for the graduation candidate, and that itemizes students' remaining course requirements (including current courses). This is a MS-WORD file that can be filled out electronically.
Students should take the following actions:
- Download the appropriate Excel form for the degree option, and the graduation application.
- Complete the forms giving details of the credit hours and grades obtained as appropriate.
- Forward (via email, memory stick...) the forms to their faculty advisor for approval.
- The advisor will review the forms for accuracy, print hard copies and notify the student when the forms are ready for signature, or return the forms to the student if found deficient.
- Upon approval by the advisor, students will take the signed forms to the Department Chairman's office for additional signature approval.
- Finally, deliver the forms to Ms. Sadie Pleasure, Academic Advisement Coordinator for the School of Engineering and Technology. Ms. Pleasure's office is located in Rm. 257, ETB.
Deadlines for submitting the Senior Record Check will be posted each semester. It is mandatory for all students to complete this process and submit the forms in time. Failure to do so may delay graduation. It is prudent for students to take the initiative to complete Senior Record Check as early as possible to prevent complications.