Welcome to the Honors Center Program at Alabama A&M University
The Honors Program at Alabama A&M University offers an exciting and unique experience for undergraduate students at the University. The Honors Program also offers honors courses in English, History and Economics in a small, yet intellectually stimulating environment.
The Honors Program provides excellent academic advising as well as professional development and guidance for future educational and career advancement. To enhance the academic portion of the program, students are also responsible for completing fifty (50) hours of community service and attend three (3) cultural events each semester.
Through professional development seminars, fireside chats, and various methods of leadership training the Honors Program touches not only its members but also the community as a whole. It is the goal of the Honors Program to recruit, retain and restore the viability of Alabama A&M University. Selection is very rigorous in that admission is extended to those students who exhibit high scholastic achievement, an array of talents and have one goal in common: academic excellence. If you feel that you possess any of the aforementioned traits, we encourage you to apply for what is guaranteed to be one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences in your academic career.
At the time of application, it is expected that interested students are:
(1) Are currently enrolled or plan to attend Alabama A&M University.
(2) Have maintained a 3.3 cumulative high school/college GPA.
(3) Have complete NO MORE than 40 college credit hours.
(4) Have attained a 22 or above on the ACT or 1520 on the SAT.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/APPLICATION CHECKLIST
The following documents will be used to determine your eligibility and acceptance into the Honors Program. Upon review of your application packet, if you meet ALL of the requirements you will be asked to participate in an interview in which the following decision is made.
- Application (typed/printed legibly)
- Essay (300-500 words): A brief autobiographical sketch; why you would like to participate in the Honors Program; the most important intellectually-stimulating experience you have had; and a brief description of your career goals.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation/Reference Forms
- Transcript (official for incoming freshman/unofficial for current students)
For more information please contact the Honors Center at (256) 372-5859.
Online correction form
Request Honors Certificate