The Scholarship Program of the Alabama A&M University Alumi Association, Inc., provides funding for intellectually talented students. The two annually awarded scholarships cover all routine costs incurred as an on-campus, full-time student. These costs include, but are not limited to, tuition, course fees, books, and room and board.
The scholarships are awarded for two students, thus requiring recipients to reapply each year. Recipients whose gradepoint average falls below 3.0 after the first semester forfeit their second semester benefits.
The application process is open to incoming freshmen, current Alabama A&M Univeristy students and transferees from community colleges and other four-year institutions.
Eligibilty requirements are:
1. Students must have a cummaltive grade point average of 3.0 or above.
2. Students must have taken the ACT or SAT.
3. Students must have been admitted to Alabama A&M University.
4. Students must have completed the Alabama A&M University Alumni Association, Inc., scholarship application.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURES
1. Submit an application for admission to the Admissions Office at Alabama A&M University.
2. Request that an official transcript of your grades be sent to the address below as well as the Admissions Office.
3. Submit a completed scholarship application along with a one-page autobiographical essay (conveying your future goals and how Alabama A&M University can help you achieve those goals), and request at least two letters of recommendations to be sent to:
Scholarship Committee, Chairperson
Alabama A&M University Alumni Association, Inc.
P. O. Box 348
Normal, Alabama 35762
Please note that the deadline for applications for the fall semester is May 1st.